Below the Stone is a punishing pixel-art roguelike about dwarves on the quest for the deepest depths. A place where each and every descent will lead to new adventures — and where only the most determined players with many lost lives will be rewarded by the hidden world lying below the stone.
Every dwarf starts their adventure with two things in mind: How deep they can go, and what shiny new things they can bring up to their fellow dwarves. Each adventure will lead to new adventures as a procedurally generated underground leads you through danger, treasure, and most of all adventure. Extra resources may be brought back for one’s own use on future expeditions as well!
Below the Stone takes inspiration from old games we’ve all played growing up, as well as new twists and turns that can be compared to the caves you explore! If you love spending hours or short breaks on mining, exploring, and progressing to the deepest depths of a fantasy world, Below the Stone is the game you should dig into!
- Procedurally generated worlds which lead to a new adventure in every descent.
- Dozens of biomes to explore with unique creatures, fauna, and resources to explore and log.
- Multiple layers to explore.
- Mining precious resources to progress your dwarf.
- Full character customization.
- A Dwarven Kingdom with many cool characters to meet.
- Custom Cave missions for every descent.
- Roguelike experience (If you die, you lose everything you brought with you!)
- Safely store extra loot and resources at the Dwarven Kingdom.
- An hour-long soundtrack to immerse yourself into a fantasy spelunking experience.
- Future plans for potential Co-op mode.
- Multiple Gaming Systems!
- Digging holes!
Below the Stone is developed by Strollart Studios and is published by Apogee Entertainment. All assets used in this blog belong to the rightful owner.
Contact the team via their email: Belowthestoneofficial@gmail.com
Follow our #8daysofpixelfeature showcase on our Twitter!